View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 01:10 PM   #13
Nikkira

I'm 36, my husband is 38. The Trailmanor is our first RV, although I've been trailer camping with my parents since I was 14 (still go with them in their RV with my kids on trips) and my husband's family had a pop-up when he was a kid.

We chose our 3023 for a few reasons. We live in a housing development with an HOA that forbids RVs, etc in driveways or yards and with a swing-away hitch, we're able to hide our trailer away in our garage. We have two little kids (rowdy boys!), so having the beds on the ends works great for us, and with the dining table up, the kids have room to play Legos, trains, etc. I've been considering other RV options for about 6 years, but few were a reasonable size with two dedicated beds. We have a huge truck we tow with now, but I'm in the market for a new car and will find something that I can tow our TM with so I can take the kids on camping trips myself.

I'm 5'4" and haven't successfully managed to set up the TM myself. Our shells seem too heavy, although every time I've tried, someone has jumped in to help me lift them, so I'm not 100% sure I can't do it myself. We probably need to adjust the bars or grease it or something.
Nikkira is offline   Reply With Quote