View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Redhawk

Default Some Elk droppings...

Due to a lot of different reasons, we didn't get to take the Elk out as much as we wanted this summer, but I did spend some time repairing leaks, installing solar, modifying the furnace etc. I finally got to get it out one last time to winterize it, foam some holes up and test my mods.

First, the furnace mod, what a difference! It was 43 degrees when I turned the furnace on, it took 10 minutes to get to 65 degrees. With out the mod, I'm not sure it would have ever got there, it would have taken hours. Thanks for that info Bruce.

The water leaks I fixed all held up, but I found another one when I was under the chassis sealing any holes I could find, luckily it was just a loose fitting that I was able to tighten once I found it. I don't want to see another drip of water coming out for a LONGGGGG time! I have been finding a lot of grit in the faucet screens though, so a new rod in the water heater may be in order.

I'm very happy with the solar panel and controller I installed, the 140W panel works a lot better than the 85W we had on the 2619 we had. I intentionally tried to run the batteries down as much as possible the night before and the panel had me back to full charge around noon the next day. Good stuff.

Just patting myself on the back I guess....thanks for listening!
Happy camping!