View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 08:15 PM   #1
makriegz

Cool Tire Tread Separated, Remodeled My Plumbing

Hi all,

I just purchased a new-to-me 2007 3124 KS. On the drive home, the driver's side tire tread separated on the highway and wiped out all of the plumbing (and indented the underbelly) behind the tire. (Picture attached.) The toilet is also now jiggling about, barely connected to the floor. So, I have a series of questions and issues to resolve here, about (1) the toilet, (2) the black/gray plumbing, (3) the underbelly. Grateful in advance!

(1) The toilet
From my research thus far:
- The Thetford Electra Magic toilet is discontinued. And reviews are mixed about the smells and such.
- The preferred toilet seems to be the Dometic 711 M28 (or it's handmade variant). But it's out of stock everywhere.

Are these the only 2 toilet options?? I've had a cassette toilet before, and I'm not considering that a viable option.

(2) The black/gray plumbing
- Do y'all know where I could find more info/visuals of the plumbing system?
- I wonder if I might be able to buy the parts that broke off, and rig it back together. I suppose I'd need every part starting from the bottom of the toilet: the black drain pipe, and the plumbing/valves that integrate the black and gray lines. Are those plumbing fixtures available for purchase? (Are they standard, or trail manor specific?)
- BONUS: any tips on welding metal bits to protect plumbing and/or other sensitive areas?

(3) The underbelly
- I'm a rookie here. Looks like I could do nothing, or perhaps fill in with some silicone so that water doesn't get up in the exposed... whatever that material is there. Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks very much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tess.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	1,013.4 KB
ID:	21941  
makriegz is offline   Reply With Quote