View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwork50 View Post
The fuse I am using I believe is a 30A fuse and the lights work for like 5 minutes and then go off. We had the heater running when it happened so I don't know if that played into it or not.
A 30-amp fuse located at the positive battery connection is correct.

When you say "heater", you mean the furnace, right, rather than an owner-supplied electric heater?

It sounds to me like you have a wire or a socket or a device that is very nearly shorted, but not quite. As the device heats up, something moves or expands, and the hot wire touches ground, creating the short.

The diagnosis is easy, though time-consuming. Turn off everything. Then turn on one light and leave it on for 10 minutes. If it pops the fuse, you have found your culprit. If it doesn't, turn it off and turn on another one for 10 minutes. Include the furnace in this lineup, as well as any other 12-volt devices that you were originally using. Eventually you will find the device that blows the fuse. (Of course, the techies among us would suggest using a binary search, to speed up the process. You get the idea.)

Quote:
I will search for water filling options as I would love to be able to do this without opening up the trailer.
Your free trial access expired some time ago, so you won't be able to find anything in the Plumbing or Tips-and-Tricks forums, where these posts most likely reside. To regain full access, go to the entry page of the forum at www.trailmanorowners.com, and click the link for Sponsorship.

Welcome back!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote