View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #15
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randoni View Post
Well the wife loves our current coach, but is set on the trailmanor.
The yield of those should buy us a good TM, and then some. We are planning on selling those in July, find a TM and take a extended fall trip. That should give me time to check the bearings, and get new tires. Since trailer tires have gotten so unpredictable the last 10 years. I went to a 2 year and gone rule on tires. No matter the miles. It's really kinda insurance. I'm guessing since we have a tow vehicle, and plenty of space, it's going to be a go big, or go home when shopping for a trailer.
As I'm sure you have learned, it's always good to keep the wife happy!

I also agree with you 100% on trailer tire issues the past decade, and being proactive replacing them becomes a form of cheap insurance. IMHO based on my research in the Tires Tires Tires forum, I decided to go with Maxxis and have been very pleased with their performance so far. Not the cheapest tire solution, but the additional "margin for error" is what I hope I'm paying for/getting with Maxxis.

One last thought is that many folks here have added TPMS sensors, something I plan on adding to my TM sooner then later; provides additional "insurance" plus a built-in reminder to keep tires properly inflated.

There is no harm in looking, so let the TM shopping begin ...
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote