View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 12:52 PM   #11
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4girls View Post
Wow. We have a steep driveway, too. We opted to pay to park our TM in storage. I may have to look into this. Storage isn't cheap. We have a spot to park our TM under a large deck on a patio. I just thought our driveway was too steep--that the rear bumper would bottom out on the concrete trying to back it up from the street. hmmmm. very interesting.
It's something you should think about; the biggest hurdle for me was not the cost of the unit itself (around $700 with shipping), but it was finding someone to install it. The difficulty is this is an RV specialty item, so regular auto mechanic shops are reluctant to try an install.

I rolled the dice with a local independent RV dealership which had done some basic work on my TM before, but had never installed this type of product. The service manager was pretty sure he could do it, gave me an estimate and a time frame, and completed the work on budget and on time ... and (so far knock wood) it works like a charm!

Before considering this solution, I would definitely recommend doing some research on getting it installed.
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote