View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 07:50 PM   #5
DanielM

Default Roof sag

Thanks to all of the TM folk for your timely reply. The sag is about 3/4” below a straight horizontal line in the 16” or so directly behind AC, so about 2-2 1/2 “ below the crown that’s on the rear roof section. That s nearly a 3” lift. I would be satisfied to get it back to horizontal. The AC unit is mounted within an inch of the front roof rear lip. It’s a big mother. (Kind of a crap design- mine is an 05 by the way) I’m thinking of an external box channel with some crown. As mentioned in a reply, the trick will be transferring load to side wall. Not sure what TM was thinking with wood framing in this area. I was actually thinking of doing side rails in aluminum also and installing as a unit. Not that big an engineering feat. Then we get into seal attachment. I’m thinking a bolt rope/keeder rail, aluminum extrusion that could be riveted to new frame then sewing new seals with bolt rope. Would make easier replacement down the line. As I said earlier, roof works now, so I think I’m just going to enjoy the next five months and fix it in the fall. I’ll post pics and materials when I tackle it.
In the meantime, if someone has an idea or suggestion, I’m listening.
DanielM is offline   Reply With Quote