View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

I did some internet research on this door latching problem and found that some folks feel using the scissor jacks to level can slightly twist the frame and that will cause problems with door latching. Even after several careful tries to level with the jacks, counting turns, etc. I still could not keep the door latched--it would pop open.
I got out my old Bal leveler and it would just fit around my 15" Goodyear Marathons. So I leveled with the BAL, fine tuned with the stabilizers and now the door stays latched. And the TM is very stable. So this will be the standard operating procedure for me now. I doubt I will be on as steep a slope as I am here, but this did the trick!! I thought the forum might like to know how I solved this problem and it could be an alternate method if your door won't latch. I think you could drive up on lynx levelers on the low side and get the same result, but the BAL leveler is so handy. And to think I was "this" close to giving the BAL to a friend with a Coleman pop up.
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote