View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
TravelBaum

Default Right behind you!

Right behind you! Retired from the Air Force after 22 years and realized I couldn’t live on the AF retirement alone. Got a job in higher education and met my DW. Have applied to retire from current job on June 30 and also applied for Social Security to start in July.

Plan A -My DW and I love to travel and have been on mission trips to other countries. We were planning on doing more world travels after retirement until my last trip to Zimbabwe. My body let me know that it can’t handle those long flights any more.

Plan B – Since my DW hasn’t seen much of the US we planned to take trips to different locations around the US. Then my DW heard about Bed Bugs! We haven’t stayed in a motel since.

Plan C – Take our bed with us so we didn’t have to worry about those little bugs.

We’re cheap and a Class A with its initial and continued cost of operation were out of the question. A TT was the best solution but we didn’t want to purchase a TT and the tow vehicle. We have a Chevy Astro with a towing package. A co-working had recently purchased a TrailManor and told me about them. I did my research and we decided that a 3124KB would best suit our needs. Found a 2007 3124KB and drove 800 miles, one way, to pick it up.

We have taken a few trips with it, including a week with 2 children and 2 grandchildren to Disney World, and have enjoyed the TrailManor a lot. We ended up purchasing a new tow vehicle since the Astro has over 160K on it and has been in the shop 4 times in the last year. Already have plans for the Black Hills and Yellowstone this summer. Looking forward to enjoying it to the max and hoping we don’t have to go to Plan D.
2002 Chevy Astro
2014 Venture Sport Trek ST290VIK
2013 Chevy Silverado 1500
Prodigy P3, WDH
TravelBaum is offline   Reply With Quote