View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 06:02 PM   #6
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin425 View Post
It seems like a great trailor for someone who has a mini-van style tow vehicle and garage to store it in. For someone with a full-size truck and no garage, it just doesn't make sense to spend that type of money for something that seems so flimsy.

I feel crushed. I was so excited about purchasing it, had the cash in hand, waiting two years for the right model, and walked away disappointed. If I had bought it, I would have had to spend a number of house recalking the vent, adjusting the torsion bars, fixing/tightening all the screws, checking all the electrical crimps and securing all the plumbing. That just seems like a long to-do list on a two-year old trailer that cost $30,000 new.

Trailmanor is off my list. Now to start researching for a different brand.
Good Evening Kevin:
While I am not questioning your breakdown of this one TM, I would caution you not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. As some of the others mentioned, the RV industry as a whole is not known for it's quality control, so I'm not sure why you are "crushed" and then go on to denigrate all TM's because you found some issues with one TM?

Also, I'm curious about your last point: full size truck and no garage. All the advantages of the low towing weight, ease of towing with a lower profile, and the ability to park your TM in a garage go right out the window for you, so I'm not sure why a TM was even on your list of options?

For many of us, our choices are limited to a TM or Pop-up due to size, tow vehicle, or simply wanting a less bulky travel trailer option, and none of those apply to you.

You are fortunate to have many RV options, and I wish you good luck with your search ...
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote