View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 07:09 PM   #10
BobRederick

I trailered my 3326 2000 miles on the first outing just bringing it home from Indiana to Arizona. I had it greased before pickup. Per the manual, it was due greasing when I got home. So 3 wheels took grease nicely but the 4th wouldn't seem to take grease, also evidenced by little surplus grease under the rubber cap. After a trip and then reading this post, I tried again tonight and was successful. I'm not sure why and am wondering if the bearing might stop the passage way depending on how it is located.

FYI, I use a full size grease gun with two flexible extensions from Checker. This allows putting the gun on the ground and pumping by pressing the handle down with one hand. The other hand holds the fitting onto the zerk. No fuss, no muss. This works best for greasing the steering of my truck... DW pumps, I hold the fitting on those miserably located zerks.

Since I was greasing the wheels tonight after dark, I used a headlamp with 4 LED diode lights. This is the greatest light source for all the camper things that happen after dark. It straps onto the head leaving the hands free for whatever you were out there to do. Got it at REI for $32. It has 3 AAA cells that last 2 or 3 years. I highly recommend it and keep mine in the pouch on the inside of the TM entry door.

This is a great web site. Makes the TM ownership a lot more fun! Thanks for all the great ideas.