View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Oooh! You got me at "restored classic cars"! Might have lost me at "Los Angeles", though. Been there - lots. Didn't enjoy it much the one time I tried it with a TM. It is quite different without a trailer, though, especially the beaches.

Bill
Bill,

They actually have two buildings full of these cars. Not the type of classic cars that interest me though. I really like to see fully restored 40's and 50's cars, maybe some from the 30's and 60's, but mostly the kinds of cars most folks drove. Or racing cars.

The Nethercutt collection is mostly top of the line cars: Rolls Royce, Cadillac, foreign luxury brands from the teens up to the 30's. Lots of one offs with custom bodies, the sort of thing the very wealthy drove. They are in perfect condition, and are beautiful if you are into those types.

Nethercutt was a millionaire in the cosmetics business. I remember him from his sportscar racing days in the 50's. However, the only sports car I saw there was a beautiful Austin-Healy 100-4 in racing trim. There is also a small room about the hot rod days, with one car and a lot of speed equipment on display.

Admission is free but you must call ahead to reserve a spot on the day's tour.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote