View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #53
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
A few years ago, TM took a flyer in another direction - the 2619 Sport. I don't think it survived the first year. This one looks to me to have a better chance - but it will have to compete with all the other lightweight uprights. The next few months should be interesting, as the market shrinks but the market for small lightweight trailers holds steady or expands. I think TM may know more about lightweights, and that may be the primary selling point - and point of success - of this new model.

The "towabilty" aspects are going to be interesting, since many of the arguments in favor of towing a conventional TM with a small vehicle have used low wind resistance as a justification.

Bill
Bill, it appears you are a psychic.

I was reading my new Trailer Life magazine (March 2009, page 40) and it was talking about new trends in trailers coming from the 46th Annual National RV Trade Show in Louisville, KY. It is stating that smaller, lighterweight towable trailers with more green components are the current trend. It also showed many new offerings along these lines from other manufacturers. Airstream with a 2000 lb 16 footer, Coachman with a 3500 lb 30 footer, Forest River with 16-18 footers weighing 1900 to 2400 lbs (supposedly one with a slideout), and even Hi-Lo with a new teardrop 16 foot 1400 lb trailer.

The field is definitely growing. Trailmanor can proudly ask what took everyone so long. They've been there for years.