View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
dmullen

Default 2011 Model 24 Questions

After a LOT of research my wife and I have decided on the Model 24 for our first TT and are about to order one this week to be built. This forum has been really great for information and I've already started bothering some members with PM's! I'm both excited and a little intimidated since I have never done this before and the more I read the more I realize how much there is to learn but I'm sure we will get settled in after a few trips. I first have some general questions about the Model 24 in particular. Is the L-shaped dinette bed in the 24 fairly comfortable and large enough for an adult? I read somewhere that is was basically for a child. Also, is the water tank 30 gallons instead of the 20 posted in the specs?

We were recently hiking in the Smoky Mountains, our favorite place, and decided to drive thru one of the campgrounds on our way out and that's where we got hooked looking at all the TT's and realized how much more fun that would be. We've already been busy planning a bunch of trips. By the way, the campground was called Elkmont...how cool is that!

*Just remembered a couple of other things before I order: Is the "Plumb w/quick Connect for Exterior Grill" and the "Satellite Dish/TV Antennae Connection" options that I should get from the factory when I order or are they both simple mods I could add later? I do plan to take my DISH receiver from home with us from time to time.