View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #28
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Mike, I am still getting the "this number has been disconnected or is no longer in service" automated message when I try to call any of Carter's numbers as of this morning. It's going to be hard for anyone to call if there isn't a good phone #.
Phone(s) out for me too.

Quote:
I stopped by there around 9:15 this morning too and the gates were still locked.
The gates were open @ 3:30 pm today 8/07/2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
Mike, besides the lifting mechanism, what do you identify as TM specific issues?
That is the primary issue. I'm concerned about the ability to adjust the top shells should it become necessary.

The last time I had my 3326 in for a 13 point check-up, it came out with more problems than when it went in. Some of the problems would be common to all RVs.

They burned out the electric heat coil in the water heater while checking heater operation.

I had Maxi-vents put on over the roof vents and the existing translucent vent covers replaced with smoke colored covers. I had to repair the wiring in the front roof where it went around the vent openings to get the ceiling lights to work.

When they closed the TM, they did not latch the door in the travel position before dropping the rear shell. The light fixture over the dinette table came down on the top of the lower door half. I now have some minor chipping of the glass and had to bend the fixture back into shape. This problem is unique to the 3326 model however it shows that the tech who was working on my TM did not know or did not care to do the job right.

On the other hand. They fixed the A/C compressor start problem. and managed to get all new rubber under the TM without causing other issues. Washing the exterior and re-caulking where necessary seems to be within their capabilities.

Note that the last time I had my TM in for work was Jan-Feb 2011.

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote