View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #37
markandanne

Default Saw one in person today!

We had to drop off our 3124KB today for a little unanticipated warranty work on the way back from a week-long trip down to Austin, TX and back (see Mark's separate posts). We hadn't planned the stop at The Car Show in advance but it made more sense to drop her off on the way home since we had to drive through the Springs to get back to Longmont. Anyway, as we were pulling in I spied the new upright parked at the back of the building in the service area. I just had to ask if I could take a quick peek at the unit while we were there. They were doing some work on it and said it was a mess but I was welcome to look.

Some VERY QUICK impressions of the unit at The Car Show:

- Really long tongue on the unit because the batteries are stored just inside the front and there needs to be area for the door to swing out behind the propane tanks. Adds at least two additional (wasted) feet to the overall length of the unit.
- Fit and finish inside comparable to the anniversary edition. Upgraded sound system.
- Bathroom feels noticeably bigger - might even have room to turn around. No shower curtain excess. Floor-to-ceiling storage next to the toilet that appears to be useable. I think that the model we saw had the flush toilet since it wasn't the familiar recirculating model but I didn't think to ask.
- Didn't get a chance to look at the frig or other appliances but they all looked nice and nicely placed. Counter height seemed higher. Fixed hanging cabinets. Looks like more useable storage. Same single-bowl sink.
- Dinette table was not assembled but looks like it would be much sturdier on two 3" or 4" metal legs than our fold-out table. Would make down into a single bed, possibly on the short side but I couldn't be sure without measuring it.
- I saw where someone on the thread mentioned it would be dark inside yet that wasn't our impression.

We really only got the briefest of glimpses since we didn't want to get in the way of the work that was being done. It wouldn't work for us anyway, towing concerns aside, with the 3 girls but it looked like a very nice little trailer for someone who wanted a lightweight unit and didn't mind towing an upright.

Anne