View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by P and B View Post

TM lesson #3- Despite your best
efforts, stuff really bounces around in there when you're towing it.

We did some geocaching while at Acadia and did the usual sight seeing
and shopping, and lobster stew and popovers at the Jordan Pond House - three times! . I should mention that, during our stay in Maine, I
changed the hot water heater to electric....I'll be right back... TM Lesson #5- If you turn the HW heater to electric and bring it home and plug it in, don't forget to turn it back to LP like I just did ;-0

We drove back home with no real difficulties except for the drive through Boston. We got home before dark (smart huh?) and I backed the TM down the driveway. This time we were armed with newly purchased walkie
talkies which helped. I think my wife is getting to be a better spotter
and I'm getting better at following directions. I'm sure there are a couple of TM lessons in there too. Believe it or not, we had a great time.

Phil & Beth
Phil and Beth, welcome to the forums and congratulations on your first trailmanor. There is a lot of information here that will aid in your enjoyment of the camper.

As far as your bouncing, a consensus has been reached here, that the tires need balancing. They come from the factory (as do most all brands of camper trailers) with the tires unbalanced. Balancing the tires will help the trailer ride considerably smoother and keep the vibrations from rattling things loose.

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to learn how to take your tires off your camper for yourself, when you get them balanced. That way, you will know how to if you have a flat while traveling.

Learning how to pull (and back) a trailer will take practice. MY advice (and it has been stated here in the forums) is to take your trailer to a big empty parking lot somewhere. Practice trying to back it into designated spots that are marked in the lot. You could also buy you some of those orange plastic/rubber cones to put out, and then try to back in between them. The more you practice, the better you will get. You'll get there.

There are some checklists here in the forums that you can download. They are in the "Trailmanor information you won't find anywhere else" forum. Mike & Kelly have one on the first page and Ed Felker has one on the second page. These checklists will help you go thru the steps in opening and closing your trailer, with the other things. Until you get a good feel for things, this would help you in remembering switching your water heater, etc.

Feel free to ask about any questions or concerns you have. This forum has great people here who will help you, as they have me.