View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #10
Sopper

Exclamation Update!

Last night I connected the batteries in series and only attached the white cable (from the frame) to the negative pole and the fused black/grey wire to the positive pole. I flipped the front light switch on and saw nothing. Frustrated, I headed in the house for a bit and when I returned I saw that the front light was on...albeit faint (could be power from the solar panel powering the lights?). Curious I checked the voltage on the battery system and observed 7.0Vs coming from both batteries in series. I checked each battery individually and one was 1.5V and the other was 5.5V. Neither was performing at 6.0V as expected.

Both these batteries came with the TM when I purchased it in September of last year. The dealer offered no knowledge on the condition of the batteries. Do any of you believe that I could charge these deep cycle batteries back up to perform at 6Vs? If so...what would be the best way to do so. Also, I have not yet connected the additional black wires to the batteries but figure I will need to solve the battery issues and have the camper up / open to best troubleshoot those issues.

Deep cycle RV batteries are pricey...I'd like to get my existing batteries up to par instead...

Thanks for your input and suggestions!
-P3 Brake Controller
-Numerous Off-Road Modifications
----------------------------------------
2015 Nissan Armada Platinum
-Hopkins INSIGHT Brake Controller
----------------------------------------
2010 Trailmanor 2720
-80 Watt Solar Panel
-40 Gallon Freshwater Tank
Sopper is offline   Reply With Quote