View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #9
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
Switching from the 120mm, "37 CFM" model to the larger fan (140mm, "47 CFM") has reduced the "excessive" hot air temps around the Heat Exchanger by a great deal. (Remember, anything more than 90F is underirable.) I didn't use the the TM's "OEM" exterior fridge fan in any of these performance tests. Per the previous post, with the smaller fan, temperature inside the Heat Exchanger compartment was reaching 102F (11 degrees above an outside temp of only 91F on that test day). With the larger fan moving more air, I'm getting only 6 degrees above the outdoor value (95F, 6 degrees above today's outdoor temp of 89F).
Not sure if this applies to the different frig's in the folding Trailmanors, but with the Elkmont, I've found that removing the vent covers (esp. the upper one close to the heat exchanger) on hot days really helps reduce the fan's frequency of operation. The vent covers do a pretty good job of keeping out the rain, but definitely restrict air flow.

So far that's all I've needed to do. Not sure why Trailmanor didn't put in a roof vent on the Elkmont, which should help as well.