Thread: Unhappy Camper
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
13dano

Thumbs down Unhappy Camper

I have a 2006 2720SL that both my wife and I love. We purchased it slightly used and have used it about six times without any problems. It's always stored in the garage with a half-inch to spare on both ends - so close in fact that I actually have to take off the swing-around hitch to buy an extra quarter inch to get the garage door to close!
Anyway, after taking it out of the garage this weekend and setting it up to install an electric tongue jack, I noticed a problem on the upper half of the wall between the refrig and couch. At the point where the velcro is installed in one spot on the wall, the wall covering has actually started to separate from the wall! We've always been careful when separating the velco, but now there is an oval air-pocket bubble about one foot long and six inches wide behind the velcro mounting point.
I'm irritated that the wall covering has separated from the wall. My guess is that the extreme heat of a Florida garage coupled with the force to support the side fabric on the velco mounting points gradually loosened it to the point of full separation.
Any ideas on how to fix this? Does anyone know what the wall looks like behind this covering?
Thanks!
Dan