View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Default Removable wooden valances

As part of my complete remodel, I've been pondering all winter what to do about the curtains. Part of the reason that I thought about selling my TM and buying a Lance 1475 last Spring, was the things in the Lance that I really, really liked. So with that in mind, I finally came up with a solution for my TM windows.

I liked the idea in the Lance of the blackout shades, and the light diffusing shades. With the TM you have either curtains open, or curtains closed, which makes the TM darker than I would like, unless I actually wanted it darkened for some reason.

So, I have built wooden valances, that I will install Roman shades (for darkening) and gauze curtains (for light diffusion only).

The z-brackets I ordered finally came in, so this evening I mounted 4 of the valances that I started building on Sunday, and finished up on Tuesday. I am working on the blinds and curtains, but couldn't finish them until I had the valances mounted to be positive about the blind & curtain length. I hope to have pictures to post on Saturday of at least a couple of the windows with the blinds and curtains installed. I was sort of excited to show you the valances though, so until Saturday, just imagine blinds and curtains. :-)

I am writing a document of how I built the valances, and how I am making the Roman shades, and will post that when complete - I can't complete it until I have all the pictures to put into the document. I'll upload it as a PDF - hopefully on Saturday as well.

The valances are mounted with z-brackets, so will lift right off and store on the floor when my TM is closed. The way I am designing the shades & blinds, they will stay attached to the valances, but will be easily removed if needed. Please note that molding, etc is all still removed because of the remodel, and I haven't yet plugged the holes from removing all the old curtain rails & valances. So, here are the photos of the valances installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed window side.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	15135   Click image for larger version

Name:	bed window.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	15136   Click image for larger version

Name:	large window.jpg
Views:	219