View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
rumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeachance View Post
Just put money down a 2007 2720sl in good condition but I notice a few things as a was doing a walkthrough and was wondering what else I should look for, this is what I have noticed so far:

-
Thanks,

Scott
One of the outer window seams has shrunk exposing a little hole of about an inch, is that fairly common?
**If you are referring to the rubber seal, that is common and not too difficult to replace.
- The owner has had to replace the electric cable but chose a receptacle that doesn't fit in the hole, is that easily replaced?
** Not sure why they would replace cable, but the plug can be replaced or you can just replace the entire cable.
- The was small burn area on the insulated covers above where the exhausted for the furnace is, is that something I will have to keep an eye on.
** The furnace exhaust should be two metal vents. Not sure what insulating covers you are referring to Picture would help.
- They have put the 15 tires which seem in good shape
** Check the date code on the tires, if 3-4 yrs old you should plan to replace, Trailers do not wear out they deteriorate and fail long before the tread gets worn.
- There is some slight rusting one the connectors where the until clamps together, is that common
** you will find rust on metal parts. A little surface rust can be sanded and painted ( an annual maint task anyway)
- All seem and seals seam good no leaks, it was raining very hard so it was a good test.

** check the battery. If it is original, you should plan on replacing it even if you do not plan to boondock as it powers the emergency breakaway braking.
Check the fridge on all three modes. Check water heater, but be sure the WH is full before you turn on AC heater element.
Replace the anode rod in the WH when you get it home. small price to prevent major water heater problems.
Check toilet to see if pump works, you will need 3-4 gallons of water .
Check water pump. Flush water system good when you get it home.
Search this forum for manuals if you do not get them with TM