View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
brulaz

OK, but I'm not sure if I agree with Ed here. First, I don't know what Silicone Adhesive he's talking about. I know Silicone Caulks, but found them to be useless when my roof was leaking. And it was Ed that told me they had switched to 3M Hybrid Polyurethane sealants like 3M 4200 or 5200 to put the panels together. But I have no idea if these would work with Al to Foam. If the problem joint is Al to Al then I would use 3M 5200. Just make sure you get it right the first time, cause I understand it's impossible to get off.

Also if you end up using Eternabond to tape the whole seam (which might be an even better idea than the strip), I think any previous silicone application would cause problems.

As for cleaning, Acetone would work for sure, but it might dissolve the foam? I know people on this forum have made similar repairs to the top shells of their folding Trailmanors. Maybe try searching, and posting a question in the Exterior section might catch their eye?

EDIT: and yes mine, and I guess all have that seam in the front and down the middle. There's also a seam down the side covered by an Al strip.