View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 07:26 AM   #13
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Channel Islands National Park
Never been there, it's on my bucket list but I would only go there when school is in.
Death Valley National Park Truly amazing, I'd like to go back.
Joshua Tree National Park It's cool, nice hikes, I'd definitely go back.
Kings Canyon National Park A lot of people love this place but we didn't like it that much. I might go back, but ?
Lassen Volcanic National Park Love it, go there often, would go back again and again, there are some places we haven't been to.
Redwood National Park It's been years since we've been there but my memory of the park is that I wasn't amazed.
Sequoia National Park The trees are amazing but we've been to Calaveras Big Trees and actually liked that better.
Yosemite National Park We've been there many times, going back this summer, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. It is the most amazing place I've ever been to in California.
plus a new one, Pinnacles, created a year ago by President Obama. Anyone know anything about it?
I'm kind of surprised that they made it a national park, it's unique, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. We like to hike, but the hiking is really strenuous, you have to be in really good shape to get up to the top (especially when it's hot). The campground is nice and they have a pool which is great because it gets really hot there. Definitely not a place to go in the heat of summer. We liked going to Arroyo Seco better, but you need to be able to do strenuous hiking and rock hop along the river to really enjoy it. That was our "go to" camping spot in our 20's. It gets mobbed on weekends.