View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
larrylifelines

Default Newbie questions about plumbing stuff

I can't find the answers to these questions in previous threads, probably because I'm the only one so dumb that I can't figure them out myself. So, suitably humbled, I'd like some help with these:

1. The manual seems to say you can't use the water heater unless you fill (totally, I assume) the drinking water tank. That doesn't seem logical, but what's the truth about preparing to use the water heater? (Full hookups) Where is the hot water tank, which I seem to remember holds 6 gallons? How do I fill it without filling the whole 20-gal. cubic tank?

2. There being no black-water holding tank in TMs, where does flushed toilet, er, flushings go before being emptied into the sewer? And, about the toilet, can someone please walk me through the use of that (Thetford) thing? For example, do I pour water into the toilet bowl until the needle on the gauge is on the blue line? And then, when it goes higher on the gauge, I...what? I do know about adding chemical for solid waste, and that most authorities recommend using only RV/marine TP. But other assistance would be much appreciated.

3. What are those little petcock-type drain valves near the sewer-hose connection?

The DW and I are feeling pretty good about learning most of the TM's systems on our first outing this past weekend (5/6 - 5/9/11) in central NY. Just need a little help with the water stuff. Many thanks.

TV: 2000 Ford Explorer
TM: 2008 2720SL
larrylifelines is offline   Reply With Quote