Thread: Utah Parks
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #17
blue_vett

Default camping in utah

I live in northern Utah and have just discovered a real gem that no one has mentioned. The San Rafael Swell are is on of the most un crowded but interesting areas in utah. It is home to the dinosaur diamond ( hundreds and hundreds of dino fossils are from this area) it had native american pictographs, it had the reef area that has some of the most colorful rock formations that I have ever seen. we just returned from another spring trip where we camped just below an area that was used during the cold was to mine for plutonium. we took out kids to see an imprint from a brachiosaurus femur, we explored Goblin valley state park (no place on earth like it) we checked out a free museum that had dinosaurs from the area including a t-rex skull. We camped less than 20 feet from utahs own little grand canyon (the wedge) and all of the camping was completely free! All of this with no crowds, and no stress, What a great trip, If i have time i will start a post of our trips this year. we are heading off to Yellowstone in June!
blue_vett is offline   Reply With Quote