View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Haven't been to Clear Lake for a long, long time, but New Brighton's roads are pretty wide with few obstacles compared to some we've been in. I hike around there quite a bit when I do my Sunday beach walks from Seacliff. You should have no problem getting into most of the sites. That's a great campground and they've recently remodeled the bathrooms. If you need supplies there's a Safeway and an Ace Hardware in Aptos on the other side of the freeway off State Park Drive, also a Nob Hill in Capitola off of Bay Ave.

From what I remember about Clear Lake, it also has fairly wide roads too...I was recording some VCR tapes from one of our trips there onto DVD a couple of months ago and the roads looked even wider than New Brighton. We liked going up there, but it takes a LONG time to get there from here (or from Los Gatos, where we lived for a while). The traffic on N 101 through Marin, etc. is awful on Friday afternoons, but besides that, it just takes a long time. That's why we haven't been there for a long time! I love that area though, it's so pretty and green, kind of like parts of Oregon. Good catfish fishing, too. DH caught a pretty good sized one there right in the campground.

TM's are pretty easy to tuck into most sites because of where the wheels are; there's a lot of room for overhang too.