View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default Hit and Miss

Hi DC Randy!

I agree with what you are saying, but my experience is that - as you said - most places assign a site when I show up, regardless of what their map shows or a photo might show. I believe that the situation has been different with the "RV Parks" we have stayed at.

I have pictures of the sites we camped at and am willing to share those, but that doesn't mean anything if the registration desk assigns sites when checking in. The best I can do is say whether the picture represents a "typical" site or not and whether we had any part in deciding our assignment.

So far, we haven't had to deal with what I would call an unsatisfactory site. But, if that came up, I'd have to be able to negotiate - or pay a penalty and go elsewhere, if another campground was nearby. This ALMOST came up when we stayed at Gloucester Point Family Campground; there were so many "permanent party" sites that only three camping sites were available (one satisfactory) - in spite of our having been told there were plenty of sites when we made the reservation. But, most of the time, this has not been a problem.

Does this help or does it cloud the point you were making?

We are Happy Campers and hope you are too!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote