Thread: How Bad Is It?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2002, 05:05 PM   #10
Happytrails

Default Re: How Bad Is It?

Well said Larry. I for one can tell you RV shops not used to the TM would keep it months while one waits on repairs....been there done that. For real Oilspot, I'd just tell him flat out you've done your homework on this, and your offer is $1,000 FIRM.........might take him another year to sell it, and it may not be you he sells it to, but that's what he's gonna get outta it unless he fools someone into taking it. Larry, as new as yours is, I doubt you have a pocket stop problem. that's what keeps your top up...if your pocket stops were bad, when ya opened it, your clam shells would fall where you have a rather large gap like 3 feet between the lower and upper shell where you'd be looking at the sky. (That's what mine was doing, tho it stands up good now on just two, other two going in this weekend probably). I'm thinking yours might just need to be "shimmed" up..........and yup, I'll post pics soon of the stops (well bumpers anyway) and shims I got from TM yesterday........To throw a good word towards Trailmanor, they could have charged me 15 bucks or more for the shims, and rubber bumpers, knowing I wouldn't know the exact size or whatever, they only charged me like $3.50 for 4 bumpers, a bunch of shims, and a door catch, heck the shipping charge was more than what they sent me....and as I ship stuff every day in my business, it was pretty much right on with the shipping.  (the "handling" part of the deal that most people can't understand). Point being, they are a great company...hands down! Anyway, if you'd like to send me a pic or two Larry, I'd be happy to look at it and see what's going on........Oilspot, drop your card, with $1,000 written on the back, and tell them flat out you've done your homework.........you're looking at a going rate of 50 bucks an hour to fix it, JUST FOR LABOR. I really think you're being suckered by the typical "used car pitch"....or at least they're trying. Again, this thing's been sitting on their lot for a long time, and they don't know ANYTHING about it. Keep that upper hand........Just walk in, throw your card down, with your $1,000 offer on the back, and walk away........if they want to sell, they will. If they say no, that's fine...tell them "Well, I can probably tear it down and make a car hauler outta  the frame".......don't bull**** around with em. Like Larry said, for everything you did see, there's probably a LOT you didn't see.............Don't let em fool ya.....ok?

Happytrails........