Thread: How Bad Is It?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2002, 02:35 AM   #6
Larry_Loo

Default Re: How Bad Is It?

Oilspot,
I myself would be extremely wary about purchasing this damaged 1998 3124KS if I were you. It appears to me that this TM was damaged in some kind of an accident. At any rate, from your extensive list of visibly damaged areas that were apparent to you in a 10 minute inspection, you can be assured that there are other, inconspicuous damaged parts that you didn't see during this brief time. Because of their folding mechanisms, TrailManors are more complex than conventional trailers. This means that they not only are more expensive to build but also more expensive to repair (if one hires professionals for the repairs). Although used TMs are more expensive than ordinary trailers of the same vintage, this TM appears to be way, way overpriced! If you enjoy doing the repairs yourself, I would agree with Happytrails that $1,000 is a reasonable offer to make. If you don't wan't to or can't do the repairs yourself, you might consider walking away from this purchase. Having professionals make the repairs would not only cost you a princely sum of money but also months of waiting until the repairs are completed. Be patient, keep on looking around, and you'll eventually find a TM in good condition, at a reasonable price.

By the way, we purchased our 1999 3124KS, in very good condition, for less than your dealer's asking price for this damaged one. You just need to look around and perhaps consider TMs for sale in other parts of the U.S. > ???