Thread: Latch Problems
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #7
Luau Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddugo View Post
Hi Larry.

I am talking about the pads the shell sits on when closed. this thread has pics of them: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ht=rubber+pads

Also make sure that the "hook" surface on the clamping piece is parallel to the frame. It has slotted holes for adjustment and if goes a little upward on the open end, that pin will slip out.

What year is your Transit and what motor you using? I have mine converted to an overnighter camper for quick trips. i liked it so much that I also bought a new Transit connect which are really hard to get here in Florida. What part of the country are you in?
Hi,

Thanks for the tips. I tried going to that link to look at the pads and the forum is giving me an error message that I don't have permission to view the page. Any other idea of a way to show me those photos? I do suspect our pads may be gone or worn. The Trailmanor is still new to us. If pads are supposed to help absorb impact to that front frame it certainly sounds like they aren't working on mine as that front frame bounces like crazy.

Our Transit is a 2016, with the V6 Ecoboost engine. Some day we talk about converting ours to an overnighter camper too. For now, we bought it because we were foster parents and for a while had 5 kids at home (3 biological kids, 2 fosters), and a minivan just doesn't work very well, particularly for road trips or if friends are with us, for that many kids. That's when we got the Transit. Now we've stopped fostering. The Transit feels like overkill now for a family of five but we still love it.

We live most of the year in AZ but are in Michigan for the summer. We used the Trailmanor for the cross-country trip, as well as a trip into Canada for a week, but we're in a house up here.
Luau Larry is offline   Reply With Quote