View Single Post
Old 06-28-2003, 11:52 AM   #5
Happytrails

Default Re: Trailmanor suited for long-term use?

Yes, those are all very good questions. I will say I tow my 3023 with a 1991 Chevy Blazer with the same 4.3L v-6 engine as your s-10, along with the same tow capacity. I also tow a 16' fishing boat, and I'd have to say it tows really easy, but after taking my 3023 on the road, I couldn't tell any difference between the two, I could hardly tell it was back there. On mileage, my blazer gets about 17.3 mpg around town, more like 23 mpg on the highway. Towing the 3023, I was getting the same mileage as around town on the highway which isn't too bad at all. If ya are concerned about the weight, a weight disribution hitch will help you out considerably. (I use one btw). Roominess is also really nice as we have the one couch on the street side, and no chairs on the other side, with the front bed, it feels VERY open. If price is a concern, have you considered a used one? You will usually save a LOT of money, as TM's frequently get traded into dealers that don't know enough about them to sell them back off their lot. Hence they sit there for a long time till the right TM wise person shows up, and the dealer will give a good deal on it just to get rid of it! I for instance grabbed mine up for only $400.00, yes, it did need work, but I did it, didn't spend a WHOLE lot of time doing it, and now have a fully functional Trailmanor! The newer models might be a little pricy, but no work needed on them, and a lot nicer. But as far as towing, no, if you get the WDH, you will hardly notice it back there unless ya look in your rear view mirrors. And no, it's not one of those cassette type toilets, it's a fully functional recirculating toilet like on an airplane. I just asked my dad who has a bluebird if he uses chemicals in his, although he has a fully flushing deal with the large holding tank. He says he dumps it in his septic system all the time without any problems for years. He said the chemicals break down to quickly to really hurt the septic system. Whichever ones you use, it doesn't matter. And as FJ just said, you dump it just like a regular blackwater holding tank terlit. As for the model you're looking at, the 2720, what those numbers mean is open, it's the full equivelent of a 27' travel trailer when up and in use, and 20' while closed down. The reason they do this is when open, you're gaining all that room you'd just lose with a conventional TT by utilizing the space over the tounge, and the rear bed which sticks out the back over the rear bumper and spare tire rack. Anyway, hope all of this helps!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]