View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #30
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcatwo
(1) The beds: They are not a problem for us because we are happy with the standard mattresses, use TravaSaks and can close without problems.
I'll second this notion...I find a TravaSak on top of the regular mattress more than enough padding. Probably helps that I do hours of high intensity physical activity every day when I'm out camping. The TravaSak compresses nicely...I've never had a problem with closing the shells even though I just leave the Travasak on the rear bed when I close the trailer.
Quote:
(2) The toilet: I think this problem will be put to rest when Ray, Bill and others move to larger TMs and figure out (and share with the TM factory) a way to add a black-water holding tank with vents to replace the existing system.
'Twon't be me. Since I travel solo (and fully intend to continue doing so ), my 2720SL is just the right size...big enough to not feel claustrophobic but small enough to fit in my garage.

As for a smell, I gotta ask what smell? Probably because I only use the toilet for urination (but do use a full 8 oz bottle of Thetford blue stuff per charge), I've never had a problem with smell...and I do have very sensitive nose. I dump the toilet only when it gets full...which is usually after about 7-10 camping days.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote