View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 04:55 PM   #24
Walt Spangler

hello Jess, I purchased a 2005 2720SL after much research.
the wife had a bad experience with the conventional trailer [her ex almost lost it--anti sway not tightened]. therefore, either pop-up, Hi-Lo, otr TM.
popup--forget it- canvas drying issues.
we looked at the Hi-Lo and honestly the workmanship leaves a lot to be desired. Crawl under the Hi-Lo-particle board, painted black: the TM
totally insulated and encased in aluminum. Weight- another issue.
I tow mine with a 1994 jeep grand cherokee w/ trailer package and was assured that it would "climb" the big hills [Rockies] with no trouble.
also, in order to keep weight down, no china, etc. [also for breakage and glass shards] We bought the lightest weight cooking and serving utensils we could find [Wal-Mart "specials].
I have no problem with the battery operating the fridge when traveling. Guess it has to do with how the system is hooked up to the tow vehicle.
Condensation only happenend on a cold, rainy, dreary night.
And I am 70 years old, weigh 170 at 5'7" and can open and close the TM alone, if set level, as the "book" states. the wife is 5'4" 145 and ,yes. does struggle, but can "operate" it.
Of course, there is always something that will displease you , but as the saying goes"just get over it".

Walt