View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

I hate recommending tire brands.....it really seems some what of a "Crap shoot". As I've said before, My previous TM had 14" Marathons on it when I bought the trailer and they looked like new. After checking the DOT date code, I found that the tires were 8-years-old and I replaced them immediately.

Now, logic would tell you that if you had a trailer that was heavily used that had tires that lasted that long, one would normally be inclined to stick with success. However, after much research, I found out that Marathons had gone down hill from what they were 8 years ago.

My point is, don't get the Maxxis just because some of us have them.........this is still an experiment on most of our parts. I'll let you know in 5-6 years if they worked out ok.......by that time, the company that makes them may not even be around or they may be making them in Nigeria........

BTW........be sure to get the tires balanced, no matter what the guy at the tire store says. It is local knowledge that unbalanced tires play havoc with TrailManors (and I think any camping trailer).