Thread: Roof Vent Leak
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #10
daveinfl

I know this post is from April, but now that we are going into the Fall and Winter months many people will begin working on their Trailmanor for next year. I had the very same problem as Randy. I spent well over $100.00 on the "wondertape" and it still did not solve the problem. I ended up cutting the tape off the corners of all the vents and just sealing them with with what seemed like a ton of the 3M 4000 sealant. It isn't pretty, but it did the job and stopped the leak.

I have decided my next project will be to cover the entire roof with Dicor Elastomeric RV Roof Coating. I have read on other sites that many people have used it with great success. I also ran into a TM owner not long ago that said he used it and never had a leak. I am going to lightly sand the room, trim down the 3M 4000 caulk and paint it on the entire roof and up and over the shrouds for the A/C and vents. My thought is that the elastomeric coating will fill in the small cracks. I have also heard it is best to do two coats.

If anyone has done this already, I'd like to hear your results.
2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
with tow package
daveinfl is offline   Reply With Quote