View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 09:39 AM   #25
Seleya

Cool

I have a 2000 3124KB and am 5'4". While I am athletic, I can open the trailer without a problem. The repairguy even remarked how he thought it would be a pull and it just lifted in his hands. When I open the trailer on uneven surfaces (usually when I meet friends on the way to dog shows and need to throw their stuff into the trailer), I use the bumper to push off of (not usually necessary but it helps on big hills). None of my friends have had a problem opening it either and even my young nieces can do it.

I initially had some problems with fit and finish and workmanship issues. When you pay what I paid for a trailer, you expect screws to be screwed (or even present). We fixed things up as we went along and only occasionally have to tighten something. We use a lightweight bungee from the wheel on the door to the top of the awning just to keep the door in check -- they sure could use something there a wee bit more effective than that silly little plastic stop.

I got the 3124KB for the room (I was told by rving friends before buying that the #1 mistake people make was underestimating "comfort" room). I also wanted the double couches instead of the dinette and the king bed in the back. We have *comfortably* travelled with 4 women -- two on the king bed, one on the front bed and another on the fold-out couch. We have also entertained more friends inside with the larger couches, a chair in the aisle and even someone lounging on the front bed. All this and at least 2 retrievers running amok in the trailer.

Overall, I really enjoy my trailer. It has proven to be amazingly stable, including staying steady when a WHEEL fell off my 1992 E150 van -- the tow truck men took one look at my rig sitting stationary at the end of a hilly off-ramp in a monsoon, the wheel sticking out from under the van at a 20 degree angle being held on by one, very bent and failing bolt, and remarked they couldn't believe they weren't pulling pieces out of a ditch! It is roomy, it doesn't control my life while travelling and it is very comfortable (I like the beds).

Vicky