View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #25
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS7535 View Post
Is it just me or does the fact that the 2 roof pieces aren't equal size and the "center trim" piece isn't actually in the center bother anyone?
Funny thing. I've looked at the photos several times. The exterior photos, especially 3, 4, and 6, seem to show that the center trim piece is definitely off center. It does not come down in the center of the rock guards. But the interior photos seem to say the opposite. The ceiling trim pieces seem to come down squarely in the center of the front and rear windows, and the front overhead cabinet.

In particular, look at interior photos 9, 18, and 20. Sure looks to me like the interior trim pieces end exactly in the center of the windows and cabinets. Photo 20 is especially deceiving to me (the air conditioner looks way off-center), but I think it is the camera angle that does it. The trim piece seems to be exactly centered at the far end, at the overhead cabinets.

I don't know what to make of this. Is it possible that TM is building the shells with an overlapping joint in the center? I suppose this could make the shell stronger. Ideas? Is anyone scheduled for a factory visit, and could see for themselves?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote