View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #10
Dave E

Default Bed Comfort

The OP asked about bed comfort. My wife and I have a 2010 Elkmont 24. We really like the walk around queen bed with night stands, drawers and shirt closet on each side. We could not sleep on a short foam bed. We went to Innomax.com in Denver Colorado and bought a full size queen air bed. My wife had to lengthen the sheets so they will tuck in at the bottom since the 80" queen bed is much longer than the Elkmont bed base. We can each adjust the bed to the desired firmness and I can still slip around the bottom of the bed on the side by the couch. I ordered two more powerful gas lifts from Supra to hold the bed up when we access the under bed storage. Our dealer attached the bed better than the factory had after it came off the wall during our third camping trip.

We were very sorry to hear that Trailmanor has stopped production of the Elkmont. We would not buy a popup. We had looked at other trailers. We walked into the Elkmont and within 10 seconds my wife said, "I want it". The skylights made it so light inside, the J couch gave more room, the stainless steel sink, numerous lights, seat ledge in the shower, silverware drawers. The Elkmont was so well laid out and designed by people who had been camping. The Elkmont 24 is why we own a Trailmanor. We go to RV shows and go inside other small trailers and it is like walking into a cave. They are so dark and made so cheaply. We have never seen anything that compares to our Elkmont. Yes we have had problems but our dealer The Car Show in Colorado Springs has repaired them under warranty. We can tow it with our Buick Enclave (4500 lb towing capacity) and get 10 to 12 mpg towing and 20 to 22 without the trailer. I hope they bring it back soon.