View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 10:38 PM   #21
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

The LED panels I bought on eBay are $18 for 10, work really well inside of the trailer and stick inside the fixture with double-sided tape, and aren't excessively bright for the application (which some of the more expensive ones will be). I put a photo below, you can find one eBay seller here. These work just fine.

You may, however, find it necessary to replace your converter if you have an old one. The old one had poor regulation, and this tends to make some LEDs go out or blink. If you buy expensive lamps with built-in-regulators, and they really work, they might not have that problem. But I had electronics that would be more sensitive than the LEDs, and the same bad regulation tends to cook your battery.

I put 400W of panels on the rear of my TM and have room for 200W in the front. This is rather extreme, but the truth is that in many cases you get 1/4 of the rated power without obstruction, if you are heavily shaded you 5% of the rated power, and I'm a ham radio operator and have a use for the power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	14340   Click image for larger version

Name:	400W_Rear_Shell.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	14342