View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm still not seeing what the problem could be. You need to figure out what path the water is taking to get inside. Judging from the wet parts inside the outer shroud, it is coming down through the round fan opening, and is not a leak in the caulking around the air conditioner. But more than that, I just can't say.

Is it possible for one of you to go up on the roof with a slow-flowing hose, while the other gets inside the trailer to watch the result? With the inner and outer shrounds off, trickle (don't forcefully spray) water down through the fan blades. Do this at the location of your choice in the fan-blade circle. Watch where it goes. Does it all end up in the galvanized steel pan you described? Or does some miss the pan and go elsewhere? Does the pan fill up and overflow, or does it drain properly? If the pan drains as it should, where does the drain water go? Now plug up the drain and continue adding water. The pan should fill up - if it doesn't, there is a leak in the pan somewhere.

If all looks good, trickle the water in from some other location in the fan-blade circle. Try 3 or 4 if you need to. At some point, the inside person should begin to see water.

If still nothing, increase the flow a bit and try again. You're trying to approximate the heavy rain you experienced in Georgia.

Many of our members have spent time in their TMs during near-hurricane conditions, and have experienced no leaks. So I don't think wind-blown rain is the problem.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote