View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Having owned 3 traditional TrailManors since 1992, and now owning an Elkmont 26, I honestly can say that I enjoy towing the Elkmont as well as our old 3326King. For gas mileage, I get about 1 to 1.5 miles per gallon less pulling our Elkmont than the the 3326King. I had a WDH and sway bar on the 3326, and I still have a similar set up with the Elkmont. I don't notice any difference in sway or when trucks pass me by.

If you like the 24 foot with the couch in the front that makes into a bed, then I would go for that with the side dinette & bunk beds if you need the additional space for sleeping. If you have no need for the bunk beds, than get the regular floor plan with the couch that makes into a bed. We saw the dealer make the couch into a bed, and it doesn't take very long to do. If you want to leave the couch as a couch, you can always make up the side dinette into a bed. It is real easy to do.

For us, we liked the extra 2 feet plus more storage room. Having the permanent bed, gives you all of the storage under the bed. Plus with the Elkmont 26, you get tandem axles, a larger bathroom, and a nice large side dinette. The price was only $2000 more for us vs the Elkmont 24. Having owned two 3326Kings, the Elkmont 24 just would not fit our needs. That's why TrailManor is building the 22, 24(with various floor plans), and the 26 Elkmont. Only you can decide on what model. I am sure that all 3 sizes will tow very well and still not reduce your gas mileage much. So do your homework on what you need for storage and ease of setting up a bed. That will then determine which floor plan to get.

The other nice thing about the Elkmont is that you can stop at a rest area, unlock the door, and use the bathroom or get something out of the huge 6 cubic foot refrig and sit down at the table. No more having to open and close the trailer. I am not knocking the regular TrailManor, but after 18 years and 3 regular TrailManors, we were ready for the Elkmont to make life a little easier when camping, and if you are stopping every night and setting up.