View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
may i offer an opinion. the uniqueness of the trailmanor is the folding low profile and no sway. its still a pop up but a unique one.

the elkmonts although they are a quality trailer are still uprights.

mileage will be terrible beacause of wind friction on more exposed area not weight.(and sway greatly increased)

your ridgeline will go from 17 to 8 miles a gallon(guess based on experience).
owned a travel trailer and now own soft sided pop up.( am going to buy trailmanor)

I have also learned not to force using pop up.

if your traveling cross country-use motels for one night stands. don't feel you ha
ve to use your trailer saves a lot of grief.

example. if have 1000 miles to cover use motels first 2 days. drive longer(easier with pop up) then set up for several days stop

gerry
gerry,

I had the same PU thinking that you do before we purchased our 1st TM.....Our PU (2002 Coleman Tacoma), although very nice was a PITA to set up and I agree, long trips would require motel breaks.

I hope that you will discover what so many of us have. IMO, long trips, no longer require motel breaks because the TM is SOOOOOO much easier to set-up than a traditional, canvas sided PU. The length of time is truly a lot less but more than that, the back breaking struggle of setting up the bunks, cranking the roof and all the rest of it is far less in a TM. I find setting up more "Fun" than work. We came to the point that is was "Painful" and "Stressful" to set-up camp. Not any more (except for the people that want to stand around, watch and ask questions.....that's starting to get old)......

I would now consider moving our "Stuff" from the camper to a motel more work and PITA than setting up the TM.....besides, I love my own bed......