View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #3
jbeletti
Jim

Default Re:Need recommendations on campgrounds in Gatlinburg, TN area

Hi Rick,

Thank you for the recommendation and the pictures. They were great. It's really interesting to see so many Trailmanors at one place other than an RV dealer lot! We plan to attend the Charter Chapter Rally in Rockford, IL this year - so we'll get to experience the gem of seeing a sea of TMs and learning a lot from the experienced bunch.

At this time, we are planning to take day trips to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and surrounding area and are thinking of staying in Gatlinburg, across from the the park entrance. Just trying to save on the time it would take to travel from Pigeon Forge and pass through Gatlinburg. While it may be exaggerated, I've read that it can take quite a while to get through the town of Gatlinburg. With this being a holiday weekend (Labor Day holiday), I'm guessing the town could be maxed.

Right now, just from online searches, I am considering these campgrounds (in no order of preference):

- Dudley Creek RV Resort
- Twin Creek RV Resort
- Crazy Horse Campground
- Camping in the Smokies RV Park
- Arrow Creek Campground

If anyone can recommend any of these locations, your input will be much appreciated.

Rick, thanks again for your input on the Pigeon Forge location. If we decide to stay that direction, your review will come in handy.

Jim
jbeletti is offline   Reply With Quote