View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 08:45 AM   #15
klpauba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
A heat pump is not that efficient.
..snip..
Most campers use the furnace or more likely, a floor model electric ceramic or oil filled heater. It's quiet and efficient.
Yes, electric heat is efficient. But a heat pump will concentrate more heat into the space than an electric heater for the same electric costs. But in the colder months, I usually pay a flat rate for electricity at a campground so it doesn't much matter to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
Off street side? You've got the bathroom, won't go there, kitchen, won't go there, living room, got fresh water storage, pump, seating and oh yea... The furnace.
If the A/C evaporator were placed in the subfloor, I bet a duct/diffuser could go in the bathroom. If the water heater, water tank and pump were down there too, there would be room for a duct/diffuser in a kitchen cabinet. Perhaps an integrated duct could be inside the clothes cabinet (armoire) to deliver air to the sleeping area.

C'mon, I'm just brainstormin'/dreamin' here!
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote