View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #14
Padgett
TrailManor Master

All good ideas but somewhat PBIs. Most either increase weight, add height, or reduce ground clearance. Not saying the package could not be improved but would need a group of people (like this forum) to discuss.

One thing not well appreciated is that most of the heavy items (a/c, fridge, water tanks) are close to being centered on the axle.

Had a ducted basement A/C in my Vixen RV but was under the table/second bed and rather loud. Out in the open up top, little of the noise enters the cabin and no problem with A Lot of cooling air. Now in the last few decades there have been advances in weight/size/noise/low power compressors to the point that I would be thinking about combining the refrigerator and A/C, both do the same thing.

The other major change is that most now get infotainment from the Internet and not OTA. Am surprised there has never been a hot/spot extended antenna option.

For that matter the whole power system is pretty far out of date & personally would make 300W of solar with dual GC2s an option, not 80. Would also make it so power could be accepted from any 15A 120/240vac system. May be odd but little of my camping is done at formal campgrounds with facilities, is more likely to be a "mobile guest room" & every year I spend a week dry camping at an air show.

Guess that is part of the reason am thinking about selling mine, is "tricked out" just about as far as currently possible and am ready for something new and maybe smaller.

Still what makes the TM unique is the expansion and the parallelogram/torque arms is a brilliant design. For instance would like to look at slides for both ends & folding bunk beds for one end.

Part of TM's problem IMNSHO is the focus on a single market: conventional campers who use campgrounds. To me there are many more potential applications. For instance collapsible hard sided, self contained, and waterproof emergency shelters (Bill mentioned this). Fully self contained portable hunting blinds. Portable offices. Or even COWs.

Consider the possibility of a smaller unit with swing tongue that could be stood on end against a wall. Probably wouldn't work but just a thought.