View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 12:56 PM   #15
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Don't assume problems. Like anything else in your house, or car, etc. problems can arise over time, but don't always arise.

I have a 2009.5 2720SL. No leaks, although the condensation will come from the AC inside if I don't keep the filters clean. So, when I see a drip, I pull/clean the filters (30 seconds each!) and no more drip. No other leaks to date. Fridge works fine, as does pump, hot water heater, stove. I've had, I think 3 screws that needed tightening, and one trim strip that I've glued and hasn't been an issue since. Certainly, I've had far more issues with my house and TV than the TM.

It's always a roll of the dice as to whether you get a good unit or a potential lemon, but that's true of absolutely everything you purchase. I think some people have 'encouraged' looking at older units because they are, in general, well built, so the older unit will potentially be a better buy. That doesn't mean the new units are bad, it's just natural economics. Ultimately, you need to decide where your value is, and what you want to do--but I wouldn't read more into the discussion than what is really there.

There are some nice features of the newer models that I wouldn't mind on mine -- the raised kitchen sink, for one, is something I'd love, but can't have. On the other hand, I don't think they're using as low a profile AC on the newer models, so there's a tradeoff. Mine came stock with the front window and rock guard, not all the new ones do. Etc, etc, etc.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote