View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #13
lmariko

Default Newer vs. Older when buying Used

As a potential buyer, (possibly, though not confirmed, of this particular 2013 2922KB), I'm conflicted about this post.
Based on some comments it seems that a little re-caulking, screw reinforcement and carefully placed materials to block drafts would fix most of the issues that were of concern. It has also been noted that no matter what RV you purchase, you will have issues. However, I'm also seeing encouragement to look at older TM models. As Kevin425 alluded, one would hope for fewer issues at only two years of light use. Are these smaller problems a sign of things to come for 2011 and newer models? Will a 2013 TM continue to "fall apart" and need to be fixed at a higher rate than older models? Being a newbie to TM and RVs in general we are concerned about the potential "money pit" we could be getting ourselves into. This is obviously going to be a sizable purchase for us. We can handle a loose screw here and there. A draft is going to be, I'm certain, no concern, coming from tent camping. :-) Leaks would be a pain, and potentially very damaging, but can be fixed if we're keeping an eye out for them and they are identified early enough. However, is quality a concern with the larger systems (fridge, furnace, water heater, etc.), overall construction and architectural integrity?

We have been looking at this one, which *could* be the same one that Kevin425 looked at - although this family's story is a little different: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/rvs/5435769290.html

I welcome all feedback on your thoughts, in general, and about this particular TM.
Are there any TM experts in the Seattle area that any of you would recommend to hire to take a look at it with us?
Thank you!