View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 05:03 PM   #28
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

I haven't contributed anything to this thread so I'll add a couple of comments:

(1) The beds: They are not a problem for us because we are happy with the standard mattresses, use TravaSaks and can close without problems. If they were a problem I think I'd look into adding spacers to the hold-down latches so the tops don't have to come down quite so far. An inch or two of extra highth should solve the problem for most people.

(2) The toilet: I think this problem will be put to rest when Ray, Bill and others move to larger TMs and figure out (and share with the TM factory) a way to add a black-water holding tank with vents to replace the existing system. The smaller TMs probably don't have room underneath for another tank but the larger ones should. Had I not found this site and learned that our E-Magic toilets has an internal fuse that had blown I would have probably replaced ours with a marine toilet rather than spend money on the Thetford. I found a toilet in a boating catalog that was essentially a 9-gal, above-floor holding tank with a flapper toilet on top of it. It had the same base dimensions as the E-Thetford and should have been easy enought to plumb into the existing drain. I've heard that others have replaced their E-Ts so there are probably several opptions. Venting would be the major hurdle but that must be solvable .
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote