View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 02:58 PM   #27
Glenn in TN

It's taken me a while to read this whole thread (its been a while since I've been on.) My wife usually tows our TM with her Excursion (overkill I know - but we had a Dodge Caravan when we 1st upgraded from the popup). She usually has it put up before I get back from the bathroom (she hates to stop on the road - we're oposite of the norm). Of course she is a fortysomething MS redneck girl.

The biggest complaint I have (besides still having some set up/down) is the dinette seats. Ours is a 1997 2619 and when I sit on the cushions very long, I feel like they are concrete.

I have the biggest deep cycle battery from our local Bass Pro Shop and it has lasted us over 6 days of dry camping in the Smoky Mountains. It is about dead the last night (lights very dim and pump working slower - I know that can't be good for it) but it makes it. We do run the fridge on propane with out the vent fan.

About the bedding issue, we used to travel with our beds made. My wife sleeps on the front bed with one kid and I on the back with the other. She insists on: 1 sleeping bab, 2" foam egg crate, sheets, and comforter. I noticed after doing this on several trips that the spring latches were pulling off of the tops. Now they are very bent and won't hold the tops down. She tells me that there is plenty of clearance inside and her bed clothes can't be the problem. All those with DW's - HELP!